Exa2Green: Energy-Aware Sustainable Computing on Future Technology – Paving the Road to Exascale Computing
Exa2Green is a 3-year research project co-funded under the EU 7th Framework Program Future and Emerging Technologies (FET) Proactive Initiative: Minimising Energy Consumption of Computing to the Limit (MINECC). FET aims to go beyond the conventional boundaries of ICT and ventures into uncharted areas, often inspired by and in close collaboration with other scientific disciplines.
Exa2Green Project Team
Engineering Mathematics and Computing Lab (EMCL)
Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR)Heidelberg University
- High Performance Computing and Architectures Group
Universitat Jaume I de Castellon
- IBM Research - Zurich
Institute for Meteorology and Climate ResearchKarlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Scientific Computing Group
Department of InformaticsUniversität Hamburg
- Swiss Federal Institue of Technology Zurich
Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
Exa2Green aims at the following four key achievements:
- Power-aware kernels for energy-efficient High Performance Computing (HPC)
- Power-aware linear algebra libraries for energy-efficient HPC
- Linear system solvers optimised for energy consumption on the respective hardware platform
- Energy-optimised aerosol chemistry packages
The fourth Exa2Green Newsletter is now available!
The fourth Exa2Green Newsletter is now published and can be found here. Enjoy your reading!
Upcoming 2 Events
Nov 16, 2014 - Nov 21, 2014
SC14 in New Orleans, LA (USA)Dec 04, 2014 - Dec 05, 2014
EXA2GREEN M24 Partner Meeting